Opportunities for individual volunteers (over 18 years old) include:
- Direct service with youth
- Academic support and tutoring
- Reading Buddy or literacy support
- Leading short-term/ seasonal programming for youth (sports/fitness, arts, music, dance, science, technology)
- Mentoring youth
- Requires a commitment of 1-2 hours/week for at least 9 months
- Club service (not with youth) – clean up, painting, repairs, etc.
- Skill-based projects (not with youth) – data entry, IT support, graphic design, etc.
- Fundraising/Special Event support (not with youth)
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete a Volunteer Application (includes consenting to a National and MA criminal background check as well as a Sex Offender registry check) and e-mail to Laura Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org . After we receive your application, we will contact you for a phone interview and then a New Volunteer Orientation.
In the best interest of our youth, we make every effort to ensure that volunteers who serve at our Clubs are caring, committed, and reliable. Our process for screening and training volunteers is very thorough, in order to ensure that volunteering is a positive and meaningful experience for the Club and Club members, as well as the individual volunteer.
Groups of Volunteers
Opportunities for volunteer groups include:
- Club Service days – clean up, maintenance, or other projects (does not involve youth)
- Leading short-term or seasonal Club programming with youth
- One-time, weekly, bi-annual, and annual opportunities
If you are interested in bringing a group for a one-time service project, please email Laura Perry at email@example.com.
If you are interested in bringing a group to lead a program with youth, please fill out our Group Volunteer Proposal.
Youth volunteers (between 14-18 years old) serve as role models and leaders while gaining valuable experience in working with younger children. Opportunities for youth volunteers include:
- Helping staff facilitate Club programs
Lead certain Club programs under supervision of a staff or adult volunteer
- Working with younger children one-on-one as a reading buddy or mentor
If you (or your child) is interesting in being a youth volunteer, contact the Club you are interested in volunteering at:
Medford Club: Contact Ariel FitzHugh, Club Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Somerville-Healey Club: Contact David Mijares, Club Director, at email@example.com