BGCMS is hiring!
MEDFORD CLUB DIRECTOR
Do you have experience leading a Boys and Girls Club or another site-based youth program? Are you dedicated to expanding out-of-school time opportunities for youth? Are you ready for the next step in your career? The Boys and Girls Clubs of Medford and Somerville (BGCMS) is seeking an experienced, dedicated, and mission-driven, full-time Club Director for the Medford Boys and Girls Club. Located in Medford Square, the Medford Clubhouse serves approximately 100 young people aged 6 to 18 each day and serves more than 250 youth annually. Successful candidates will have relevant youth development and management experience, and be able to independently balance several projects and programs simultaneously. Superior communication skills with youth and co-workers are essential. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Description: The Medford Club Director is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the Medford Clubhouse, Club programs, and Club staff. The Club Director has primary responsibility for safety compliance and quality assurance in programs, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations, and membership administration in accordance with organizational policies and standards.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Overseeing all Club programs, services and activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality programming that meets member needs and interests.
- Supervise and manage all Club Program staff, maintaining regularly scheduled meetings and overseeing staff performance evaluations and professional development.
- Manage Club member recruitment, registration, attendance and tracking.
- Develop and maintain data collection systems including surveys, evaluations, monthly reports, membership fee collection, permission slips, permits etc.
- Serve as the primary liaison with key community partners, schools, and volunteer groups.
- Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and outcomes, prepare and submit any reports needed by the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, foundation or other program funders
- Plan and organize programs and events with other Boys & Girls Clubs, community agencies and organizations
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with potential and current donors, external community groups, school officials, government officials and others as needed.
- Oversee development and promotion of school vacation and Summer Camp programming, serving as the Medford Summer Camp Director in the months of July and August.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in youth development work, with at least of one year in a non-profit management or supervision role.
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys and Girls Clubs and youth development principles and practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong project management and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience working with Efforts to Outcomes or other member tracking software strongly preferred.
- First Aid/CPR certification required (can be provided upon hire).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bilingual or ability to speak multiple languages preferred.
- Valid MA driver’s license required.
This position is full-time with hours between 10:00 am – 7:30 pm, Monday-Friday, occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
BGCMS offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 3 weeks paid vacation, health, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and a 401K plan with a match. We offer training throughout the year and other opportunities for networking, professional development, and leadership development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume with the subject line “Medford Club Director” to Executive Director, Ms. Lindsay Smythe, at email@example.com.
PROGRAM LEADER POSITIONS
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Medford and Somerville Program Leaders will be flexible and creative individuals who are able to manage youth development programs and activities as well as homework and small tutoring groups. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with demonstrated experience as a youth work professionals – youth program leadership experience a huge plus!
Schedule : These positions require availability Monday –Friday, 1:30 – 6:30 p.m. as well as an additional 3 hours of program planning time. This is a part time position of 28 hours year-round. Opportunities are available for up to full-time employment during the summer at our Medford Summer Camp.
POSITION START DATE: August 28, 2017
LOCATION: Somerville Boys and Girls Club, located in the Arthur D. Healey Elementary School OR Medford Boys & Girls Club, 30 Forest Street, Medford, MA
SALARY: $12 to $13/hour, based on experience
**Bi-lingual speakers encouraged to apply — specifically Portuguese, Spanish, and/or Haitian Creole
SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
1. Lead youth programs and activities with an emphasis on one or more of the following areas: Character and Leadership, The Arts, Sports and Fitness, Academic Success, and Health and Life Skills
2. Provide academic support, through homework support as well as through education-based programs, to youth ages 6-14 (up to 18 in our Medford Club).
3. Help ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
5. Ensure implementation of a high-level of child and Club Safety practices, supervising youth in a shared space program, and following behavior management plans.
6. Set program goals and track daily program participation.
– High School degree required, some college preferred. Minimum 18 years of age
-Minimum of one year of experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar youth serving organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of youth aged 6-18
-Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
-Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
-Ability to model a professional appearance and team attitude
-Ability to work independently and as part of a team
-Ability to pass a National Criminal and Sex offender background check
Please reply to this post via email. Must include both cover letter and resume as attachments, and please specify the position title (Program Leader) in the subject line. Attention: Laura Perry, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.