BGCMS is hiring!
SOMERVILLE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
- POSITION SUMMARY: The Somerville-Healey Assistant Director is part of the Club leadership team in our shared-space Club at the Arthur D. Healey School. This Club serves 100 enrolled members annually with a staff team of 5 and community volunteers. This position is the “right-hand” to the Club Director and serves as part of the senior staff team.
- Schedule : This position requires availability Monday –Friday, 12pm – 6:30 p.m. This is a part time position of 30 to 33 hours/week. Opportunities are available for up to full-time employment during the summer at our Medford Summer Camp.
POSITION START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: Somerville-Healey Boys & Girls Club, 5 Meacham Street, Somerville, MA 02145
SALARY: $16-17/hour, based on experience
**Bi-lingual speakers encouraged to apply — specifically Portuguese, Spanish, and/or Haitian Creole
- Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Oversee the implementation of designated Clubhouse programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Oversee the provision of day to day programs activities in accordance with established standards and goals and as directed by the Somerville-Healey Club Director.
- Help ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program areas and that all program staff have support to lead successful programs.
- Work with Club Director and Program staff to establish and maintain Clubhouse program goals and program areas/settings/spaces that ensure the health and safety of members.
- Help ensure that all site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of programs, including child safety and site cleanliness.
- Primary responsibility for the Club’s “front desk”, member management and outcomes tracking, including: data collection, survey management, and outcomes reporting in a timely and accurate manner including Efforts to Outcomes (ETO). (Training available)
- Develop and implement collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCMC clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Manage Club volunteers and volunteer groups (in cooperation with Volunteer Manager and Club Director) to maximize our members’ experiences, as well as create exceptional volunteer experiences.
- Support Club Director in managing school and community partner relationships that involve and benefit Club members and programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
A minimum of three years of experience in youth development work. Experience in a Boys and Girls Clubs is a major plus.
Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys and Girls Clubs and youth development principles and practices.
First Aid/CPR certification required (can be provided upon hire).
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Bilingual or ability to speak multiple languages preferred.
Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to model a professional appearance and team attitude
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to pass a National Criminal and Sex offender background check
MA Driver’s License strongly preferred.
Please apply via email. Must include both cover letter and resume as attachments, and please specify the position title (Assistant Director) in the subject line. Attention: Laura Perry, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.